As of Monday 1 November 2021, following a three-month trial the initiative is now a permanent fixture on the Gold Coast’s water transport service.
Small dogs are those weighing seven (7) kilograms and under. Small dogs will be able to travel at all times, subject to ferry staff discretion.
To ensure the safety and comfort of all passengers, please keep the following in mind when travelling with your four-legged friend:
- Note a seven (7) kilogram weight limit applies
- Ensure your dog is on a lead
- Ensure your dog is sitting on your lap or at your feet (pet dogs are not to take up the seat)
- Maintain control of your pet at all times
- Carry waste bags and clean up and take with your any mess your dogs makes while on board
- Consuming dog food on board is not permitted
- Only travel with a maximum of one dog per person at a time